I hope you and your family are keeping well during this totally unprecedented time and that you are managing to withstand all the challenges and ongoing worries associated with the Covid-19 pandemic. We want you to know that we are here for you and it is important to have the support of our faith as we weather the storm together.
We are delighted to share the good news that both our parish churches, St. Andrew’s Church and St. Doulagh’s Church will be reopening for Sunday worship on the following date on a limited scale taking into account the strict Government Guidelines.
Service times – one Sunday service at each church per week from the 5th July
St Doulagh’s – 10am Sunday mornings
St Andrew’s – 11.30am Sunday mornings
We hope that all normal services will resume as soon as possible.
Please do not attend church if you or a member of your household is experiencing, or recovering from, symptoms of COVID-19 or if you or a member of your household has you been in contact with anyone displaying cold symptoms
- Face covering – is recommended in line with Public Health advice (will not be provided, so bring your own)
- Everyone will be met on arrival at the church entrance and personally escorted through the main door of the church to their allocated seating by the church warden/ volunteer who will be wearing a face shield, so please don’t be alarmed.
- Members of same households will be seated together
- Seating will be clearly marked according to social distancing requirements
- Parishioners who have limited mobility – should bring family and or mobility aid and be seated near church entrance – where special arrangements will be made to facilitate their exit
- Sanitizing station & wipes at entrance and exit doors
- Printed Service Sheets will be provided in the pews
- Each sheet will have a space so that the parishioner can sign their name and leave contact information for Contact Tracing purposes in line with Public Health requirements. Ref GDPR Sheets to be left at the pews. These will be filed away securely, only to be used if Contact Tracing becomes necessary
- The services will be shorter – approximately 30 mins
- When Leaving: People are asked to remove all their belongings. People closest to the exit door leave first ( the side door at St. Andrew’s ), mobility impaired persons please wait till all others have exited
- There will be no parting handshakes by the Minister.
- We ask that social congregating in church grounds should be compliant with social distancing.
- Initially there will be no Holy Communion as per Diocesan instruction.
- There will be no handshaking to mark Sign of Peace
- Initially there will be no Sunday school
- Collection plates will be located at entrance and exit of church
- No singing as per current medical advice
- An Isolation area will be implemented – if person needs medical assistance during the Service
- The WC in St Andrew’s will be closed until further notice
- We will not be serving refreshments.
We trust you understand these measures that we have to enforce at this time, which we hope to loosen as time progresses, and we really appreciate everyone’s support now more than ever.
We are looking forward to welcoming you to gather, once again, for worship and fellowship.
Rev. Norman E Gamble (Rector)